Wednesday 25 July 2018

Boathouse

In my art forum I run a Monthly Painting & Drawing Project where a reference photo is provided for all the members to have a go at. It's fascinating looking at the end results and seeing the same scene depicted in different media and styles. We also find it a useful learning tool as we will often see another member doing something we hadn't thought of.

This months project is a reference photo provided by one of the members of a small Boathouse she discovered at Rode Hall in Cheshire and I decided to tackle it with Pen & Ink. I chose to leave out all of the trees and shrubs growing behind and around the building in order to avoid losing the main subject in amongst a mass of unnecessary 'clutter' and included just enough of the leaf-strewn ground and lakeside water to show the buildings purpose.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely artwork. I must visit the forum again, forgotten the details now, so will re-register :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ann. It would be lovely to see you in the forum again ... You've been missed. No need to re-register ... I'll send you a 'reminder' email with your details. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Your drawing is great! I'll have a look at the forum now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, and thank you for looking at the forum. If you ever felt you'd like to pass on hints and tips to a small but enthusiastic audience, I can assure you a very warm welcome. ;-)

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful drawing John!! I definitely will be visiting your forum, !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Hilda, thank you. Quite a few of our forum members have started 'dabbling' in pastels, especially pastel pencils, and I say the same to you as I did to Judy, if you ever feel the need to encourage beginners, we'd love to have you with us. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Another great piece of work, John. Glad to see your forum still running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much John. Yes, the forum keeps ticking over. It's only a small group but we muddle along supporting each other as best we can. As I've said to Judy and Hilda, if you ever feel you'd like to pass on hints and tips to those still finding their way, you'll always be very welcome. ;-)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you