Saturday 10 August 2019

Rainbow Trout



The weather here is not very good today and the constant rain and gusty winds are keeping me indoors, yet again. I've decided to have a 'lazy' day today and spend the time in my Den-cum-Study-cum-Office-cum-Studio and get some art done.

It's been quite a while since I last painted anything using watercolours so I decided to dust off my brushes for the latest Painting Project in my art forum. I confess to struggling somewhat with the colours and tried to add multiple layers of paint which seemed to be the perfect way to create lots of green muddy gunk. As it happens, though the painting isn't as 'fresh' as I would have liked, the finished article doesn't actually look as bad as I thought it would.

5 comments:

  1. He looks absolutely smashing, this trout! Love the watercolour! Hope you do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trout are a bit muddy green so this looks great. It doesn't look overworked here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see no mud but a great fish, perfect color mix !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully painted, John. I'm afraid of watercolors...I bought some and thought I would try it...SOMEDAY!!! lol The colors are perfect...not muddy. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am appalled that my replies to these comments seem to have gone awol. I was having some problems with my computer towards the end of last year and now have a new one, but I don't see how that can be the cause. I think it's more likely that either I had a senior moment (4 times over), or Google did. Anyway, a belated "Thank you all" for your lovely comments, they are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you