Saturday 15 May 2021

It's been a while

I can't believe it's been well over a year since I last posted. It's been a very different year for all of us, that's for sure. Though I've produced the odd picture here and there I've mainly been busy working around the house and garden and messing about with a few of my other hobbies. There have been several things I thought I might share with you but they haven't come under the heading of "Art", in fact, I have been thinking I might expand the scope of my blog to include none-arty stuff but haven't made a decision about that yet.

So why am I posting now? Recently I discovered a large number of my paintings and drawings being displayed on other web sites, and some of them actually being offered for sale. I was appalled and massively surprised by the number of "stolen" images I have out there. I decided to tackle the issue head on and have been having some good success and it occurs to me that anyone who posts their work online might well have the same problem. As a result I began a series of pages on my website explaining about Copyright Infringement, what can be done about it, and how I'm tackling the issue of having the offending images removed from the internet. I will be posting more on the subject soon but in the meantime, if you're concerned about your own work, visit my website.

a pen drawing of a vintage treadle saw

The drawing above is of a mid-20th century Hobbies A.1. Treadle Fret Saw that used to belong to my Dad. More about that in my next post.


 

4 comments:

  1. What a happy surprise to see you pop up! I hope you’re well!!! I don’t post as much as I used to since I’m mostly on FB. I have problems posting comments so I hope this one goes through ..
    A lot of people went through the copyright issue so they post there paintings a bit blurry so they don’t get stolen. Sad what they have to go through!!! I love your drawing. I miss seeing everyone’s work. Too many changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you to post Hilda, and yes, your comment came through just fine. From what I've seen blurry images and watermarks aren't stopping images from being stolen. As you say, things aren't quite the same here these days. Thank you for your lovely post.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back, John! Copyright infringement is a real problem. As far as I know it has not happened to me. I agree with Hilda. I've found a lot of blogfriends back on FB but it isn't the same as blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that FB isn't the same as blogging. Given how good your art is I'd be amazed if your work hasn't been copied but let's hope you're right. It was lovely of you to come and post Judy ... thank you.

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you