Wednesday 21 December 2016

Best Xmas present ever


There are significant medical reasons why I never expected to ever be a grandparent, and I'm not going to elaborate on them in such a public arena, but suffice it to say it was something I never dare dream of. Which is why, when my daughter Tracy gave birth to a bonny bouncing baby girl on Tuesday, December 13th, it really did feel like a miracle. 

"Holly Evelyn" weighed in at 6lbs 12ozs and mother and baby are both doing very well. Husband and new father Darren is doing a sterling job of looking after the girls in his life and I'm immensely proud of them all. 

My wife and I have a bauble on our christmas tree for each close family member, and both of our dearly loved and long-passed dogs, Sally and Tess, so it was with huge joy and a bursting heart that I added one more bauble to the tree this year.

We will be spending a few days with Tracy, Darren and Holly over Christmas and I have a sneaky feeling that Santa's sack is going to be quite a lot heavier than usual.

Whatever you're doing this Christmas, and whoever you're doing it with, I wish you the very best of Christmases and hope your dreams can come true too. 

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweetie! Congratulations, granddad! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Being called Granddad makes me feel 20-years older. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family!!!!! She's truly beautiful John!! What a perfect gift for Christmas! Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. Yes, she's a beauty ... but then I'm biased. lol.

      Delete
  3. This is such lovely news. Congratulations! And it is even more special under the circumstances, so I am thrilled for you! I love the idea of having a bauble on the tree for each close family member... What a treasure! We also have a Grandson, though he is 3yrs in April, so quite a handful, as you can imagine! Completely gorgeous though :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you