Monday, 19 December 2011
Some basic Maths
Think about this award for a moment and do some basic maths. One person nominates 15 blogs. Each of them nominates 15 more. so that makes 225. Each of those 225 nominate 15 more, so that is 3375. And each of them nominates 15, which makes 50,625. I've traced the award back over at least 6 levels, and if every recipient nominated 15 more blogs, then my award is just one of 11,390,625. You can see where this is heading .... the next round will generate in excess of 170 million awards. Also, to be quite honest, I would struggle to nominate 15 blogs that I follow that aren't already recipients.
I'm sure that this sounds as if I'm very ungrateful to have received the award, but nothing could be further from the truth. For me, the true award is being considered worthy to receive it by my peers. I don't need a fancy logo with a title ... just to be named in Sandra, Renske and Michael's lists is prize enough. Thank you all.
As to 7 facts about myself .....
1. Well into my 60's now, I am working part time and about to retire fully very soon.
2. I am a keen amateur photographer and I would have a photography blog if I had time for another.
3. My favourite saying is "Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become".
4. I am very shy and introvert which prevents me sketching/painting en plein air - but that is something I am determined to rectify in the new year.
5. I hate the way other people's cats come into my garden to use it as their own personal toilet and kill the wild birds that I've encouraged down.
6. I would love to spend Xmas in a log cabin in the mountains, snowed in with ample provisions and a roaring log fire.
7. I'm an expert at taking some nice fresh watercolour pigments and turning them into mud.
Merry Christmas one and all.