Tuesday 25 September 2007

Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra

Many years ago, my daughter was set an English project to create a small booklet for a particular target audience. It had to be written in a manner suitable for that target audience. As a keen musician and with half-an-eye on a teaching career, her choice was a book about Orchestra's aimed at 5-8 year olds. She wrote and illustrated the booklet herself and I was so impressed with the result that I decided to create a web site that emulates her creation. Her book, and my web site, are called Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra.
Though the web site is functional from a display point of view, I have always felt it lacks one major ingredient .... sound! I would very much like to add the sounds of the various instruments in an interactive way to help children better appreciate the role each instrument has in an Orchestra. Regrettably, I have not been successful in finding a suitable set of sound files. Either they are not the type of sounds I am looking for or I can't get permission to use them. If anyone reading this can offer a solution to this problem then please let me know by using the contact form on the web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you